Rwanda Scouts Association is hiring - Secretary - Accountant
Title: Secretary – Accountant
Employer: Rwanda Scouts Association
Reports to: National Executive Commissioner (NEC)
Location: Kigali, with frequent travels to the field
Post Type: Full time
Contract length: One-year renewable depending on performance
About Rwanda Scouts Association
Established in Rwanda since 1968, RSA is a National Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered by the Rwanda Governance Board and operating according to the Law No. 20/2000 of 26 July 2000 as amended by the Law No. 4/2012 of 17/02/2012, governing the organization and functioning of national non- governmental organizations. Its vision 2019-2024 states that “By 2024, Rwanda Scouts Association will be an excellent educational youth organization enabling 100,000 young people to be active citizens who contribute to the positive community transformation based on Rwanda values”. To achieve its vision and fulfill its mission, Rwanda Scouts Association is seeking a qualified and dynamic person to fill the position of Secretary-Accountant.
Reporting to the National Executive Commissioner, the Secretary Accountant will be responsible for ensuring compliance with donor requirements and organizational finance and administration procedures. She/He will be responsible of ensuring the accuracy of accounting records and books of accounts. She/He will also support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization including but not limited to managing the correspondences both in-house as well as to and from outside the Rwanda Scouts Association.
- To support the RSA into fulfilling its vision and mission as well as those of its partners,
- To provide treasury and accounting support to the various departments and general fund projects,
- To assist the Board, Executive team as well as other team in managing correspondences both within and outside the organization.
- Work with the NEC and Executive team in the preparation of general annual budget and individual project budgets.
- Prepare payments for field activities and ensure accountabilities for field activities advances are accurate and obtained on time according to policies and procedures and support the field activity if need be.
- Verify and ensure all funds requests, financial supporting documents and submitted payment requests comply with donor requirements and RSA financial policies and procedures
- Ensure all payment processes are in accordance with RSA policies and financial procedures and the payment requests have proper coding.
- Ensure all transactions are properly recorded in QuickBooks or any other accounting software that will be availed by the Rwanda Scouts Association.
- Support the Executive team to create a chart of accounts and ensure all financial transactions are done according to the available accounts codes and recorded regularly.
- Receive all payments in favor of World Relief Rwanda and make sure that they are deposited into RSA bank accounts respectively at least once a week.
- Prepare and give receipt for all cash received by Rwanda Scouts Association.
- Manage petty cash amount and pay all expenses in the limit of petty cash amount.
- Keep in a safe the cheque books, pre-numbered vouchers, and other financial documents.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation of all RSA bank accounts for review by the National Executive Commissioner and approval by the National Finance Commissioner.
- Maintain contacts with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to bank accounts, transfers and maintenance.
- Prepare PAYE & Social security contribution returns filing with RRA and declare monthly withholding tax and Ensure all the payments above are done in time to avoid delays and penalties.
- Manage all documents and correspondences including receive, code and file administrative documents, correspondences, and other relevant documents and archiving when necessary as per policies.
- Perform secretarial duties including but not limited to processing and formatting reports
- Prepare and avail all necessary and useful documents for internal and external audits in accordance with the RSA policies and procedures.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports
- Manage office supplies and materials and prepare purchase requisitions for office supplies and materials and regularly conduct office inventory of assets.
- Perform other duties related to the above responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The Secretary-Accountant will be thoroughly committed to Rwanda Scouts Association’s mission. The required candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills for teamwork in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Initiative, excellent organization ability, with attention to details
- Self-directing, reliable, and responsible
- Strategic thinker, patient and self-controlled.
- Excellent skills in MS Office required and accounting software like QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English or French.
- Being a Scout and having worked for a youth led/oriented organization is a valuable advantage.
How to apply: Only soft copies will be accepted.
Interested candidates, please send your motivation letter (explaining why you are the best candidate for this position) + CV with 3 references not later than 25st December 2021, 17h00 to firstname.lastname@example.org , with a copy to email@example.com and specify in subject line: Application to Secretary – Accountant at RSA.
RSA is committed to safeguarding and protection of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are also committed to diversity and gender across all layers of the association.