Open Opportunity: Communication Intern
Deadline of Application: February 09, 2024
Rwanda Scouts Association
The Rwanda Scouts Association (RSA) was established in Rwanda since 1968 and is registered in Rwanda as an NGO. RSA is a member of the “World Organization of Scouting Movement (WOSM)”, an international voluntary, educational, non-political movement for young people.. Scouting is an educational Movement for young people, open to all – boys and girls – without distinction of origin, race, gender, and creed or ethnic/tribal background in accordance with the Purpose, Principles and Methods as conceived by the Founder, Lord Baden Powell.
The Rwanda Scouts Association (RSA) has always worked with commitment and dedication which positionned it as become the largest youth organization in Rwanda with more than 50,000 members. Over the next 3 years, RSA envisions to be an excellent educational youth organization enabling 100,000 young people to be active citizens who contribute to the positive community transformation based on Rwandan shared values.
We are currently recruiting a Communication Intern to work with our dedicated team of volunteers and staff to advance our vision, mission and interventions in Rwanda.
The Communication Intern will collaborate closely with the Executive team and National Commissions to leverage on the success of Scouting activities and operations in Rwanda. The focus of this role will be to support the teams in all aspects related to the implementation and roll out of corporate and internal communications initiatives and products, including the RSA branding and implementing our communications strategies.
If you are dedicated and ambitious, RSA is an excellent place to advance your career. Do not miss this opportunity – apply now.
Major roles and responsibilities
=> Planning and Implementing Communication Strategies: Collaborate with the internal team to develop communication plans and execute effective communication campaigns.
=> Writing and Publishing Content: Create and publish web and social media content, including articles, engagement posts, videos, and photos.
=> Facilitating User Relations: Manage media user relations and respond to questions and concerns.
=> Consistency: Ensure consistency in communication, branding awareness, messaging, and frequency of posting via digital channels.
=> Success Documentation: Coordinate the gathering of case studies, success stories, and take photos for visibility and organizational purposes.
=> Media Monitoring: Monitor media, social networks, and online forums to assess public opinion and the organization’s image.
=> Public Relations Management: Promote media and campaigns for RSA-organized events and project activities. Develop and maintain links with the media.
=> Reporting Analytics: Track media analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communication campaigns.
Skills and Knowledge
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Strong ability to communicate and interact with diverse teams, engaging in peer-to-peer learning to enhance personal and team performance.
- Results-Driven: Excellent content development skills with a keen attention to detail. Ability to manage resources efficiently and work to deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Written and Oral Communication: Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Communication Material Production: Experience in developing and managing the production of communication materials for NGOs or similar organizations.
- Education/Certification: Degree/certificate in Journalism, Digital Design, Mass Communications, Photography, or a relevant field.
- Photography and Graphic Design Skills: Proficiency in photography (taking and editing) and graphic design. Experience with design and audio-visual software is an advantage.
- Content Development Experience: Previous experience developing various formats of communication content, including webposts, newsletters, emails, and social media content.
- Scouting Background: Being a scout or scout leader is an advantage.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications through the follwoing email: firstname.lastname@example.org including Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details (phone and email address) of their 3 reference person details as part of their referees, Degree or certificate and motivation letter not later than Friday 9th February 2024.